The 2017 Application is Now Available.
The scholarship program is now offered to Bleckley County High School and Wilcox County High School students; in addition to Hawkinsville High School students.
The Charles Johnson Foundation scholarship provides:
- new and renewal scholarships at $5,000 per year for up to four years, totaling $20,000 each to one male and one female student from Hawkinsville High School annually to attend a four-year college.
- new and renewal scholarships at $5,000 per year for up to four years, totaling $20,000 each to one male and one female student from either Bleckley County High School or Wilcox County High School annually to attend a four-year college.
- Be enrolled as a senior and a student athlete at Hawkinsville High School (Hawkinsville, Ga.), Bleckley County High School (Cochran, Ga.) or Wilcox County High School (Rochelle, Ga.).
- Have received a varsity letter in a minimum of two sports.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen.
- Must be planning to enroll in a four-year college or university in the fall of 2017 as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student.
- Have met a minimum cumulative grade of 70% (2.0 GPA equivalent).
- NEW: Demonstrated financial need. (see financial need statement)
- NEW: Demonstrated volunteer commitment of time to support youth in the community.
- Received written acceptance from your selected four-year college(s) - copy must of acceptance must be included in application.*
- Completed and submitted application materials by the postmarked deadline of March 1, 2017.
Application Postmarked Deadline:
March 1, 2017
To be considered for a new scholarship, all students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
Renewal scholarships are made to new scholarship recipients after the student has met specific renewal and eligibility criteria.